I’m not normally a sweet for breakfast kind of person, but this last weekend I felt like some hearty pancakes. Now this is strange because I don’t even really like pancakes. Well, I should say I don’t really like typical plain pancakes. I DO like hearty pancakes and deliciously flavored pancakes and I absolutely LOVED these pumpkin oatmeal pancakes I made! They are fluffy, sweet and lightly spiced and perfect for a quick and satisfying breakfast. And what better excuse to use the adorable spatula I received from OXO than to make some adorable little pancakes!
OXO sponsors a program called Cookies for Kid’s Cancer. They have hosted bake sales, sold cookies and raised thousands to support pediatric cancer awareness. You can find more information at www.oxogoodcookies.com. They also created a super cute petite silicone spatula with the signature phrase “Be a Good Cookie” to help support the cause. I am giving away one of these OXO spatulas AND a $10 Amazon gift card!
How to win this sweet little spatula and $10 Amazon gift card:
- Comment on this post telling me what recipe you would love to use this spatula for. (don’t forget to leave me your email so I can contact you if you win!)
- Tweet the following: @barbaracooks I want the OXO Good Cookie spatula!
- You will get one entry for the comment and one for the tweet (2 entries total!)
- Want an extra entry? Like Barbara Cooks on Facebook. (If you already like me on Facebook, you will also get the extra entry if you comment on this post and tweet.)
How the Winner is Chosen:
- The contest will run until 11:59 p.m. (PST) on Sunday, April 15, 2012.
- Each person will get a number for each entry based on the order they entered and a winner will be chosen using a random number generator from random.org.
- The winner will be announced on the evening of Monday April 16, 2012 and contacted by email (make sure to provide your email when you comment!)
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
If you just love this super fun mean green limited edition spatula but unfortunately don’t win the giveaway, you can find it on www.amazon.com or go to www.oxogoodcookies.com to find a local retailer. 50% of profits benefit pediatric cancer awareness so go and Be a Good Cookie! (and even make some pumpkin oatmeal pancakes while you’re at it!)
- 1 cup reduced fat baking mix (like Bisquick)
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup fat free milk
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Heat a flat top grill top or skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture on the grill surface or skillet to make pancakes approximately 2 inches in diameter.
Cook for about two minutes, flip (with your uber cute new spatula) and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with your favorite syrup (I used sugar-free syrup and light caramel flavored whipped cream). Makes about 15 pancakes.
Servings: 5 Serving Size: 3 pancakes
Calories: 132 Fat: 2.3g Sat. Fat: .2g Carbs: 25g
Sodium: 218mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2.8g Protein: 4.1g