This is my first month being a Foodie Pen Pal I am so excited to participate in this program. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to get a fun package in the mail full of delectable goodies picked out just for you? Ms. Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean has made that happen. I was lucky enough to be paired up with Courtney who is an amazing photographer (you can find her HERE) and happens to have great taste in foodie goodies!
Here is the sweet package she sent me along with a super sweet note:
- There was a package of Natural Nut Harvest Trail mix (which M is snacking on right now and looking pleased as punch)
- Vacuum fried pineapple chips which I still have yet to try!
- 2 delicious chocolate morsels, one a toffee and the other a scrumptious sea salt caramel
- A vegan vanilla protein drink mix; 15 grams of protein! Whoopee!
- Trader Joe’s dark chocolate covered pretzel slims which I used in a recipe below
- PB2 – I was so excited about this! I’ve been dying to try it but haven’t gotten my hands on a jar yet.
When I saw the PB2 and pretzel slims I decided immediately to make ice cream. Well, ice milk to be exact. I recently bought a cute little soft serve ice cream maker by Hamilton Beach. Although the jury is still out on its performance (the milk wasn’t quite frozen enough in the end), I was pleased with the speed and even as a cold soup it was pretty awesome.
Thanks, Courtney for all the goodies and the inspiration!
Cinnamon Peanut Butter Ice Milk:
- 4 Tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 10 ounces skim milk
Combine all ingredients together. Stir until smooth. Follow your ice cream maker’s instructions to finish. Top with crushed dark chocolate pretzel slims. Eat fast before it melts!
Servings: 3 Serving Size: ½ cup ice milk with 2 pretzel slims
Calories: 142 Fat: 3.5g Sat. Fat: 1.4g Carbs: 21.4g
Sodium: 170.5mg Fiber: 2.5g Sugar: 8.6g Protein: 7.7g
I got to send my package of goodies to Jenna of Momma Told Me. She has so many cool tricks and fun ideas on her blog! Check her out HERE.
Interested in becoming a foodie pen pal? You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, just a foodie who wants to share the love! CLICK HERE to find out how.